Monday, October 07, 2013

Sumo Crazy

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I just finished the Queen West Art Crawl a few weeks back and it's not only until now do I feel well rested, physically and mentally.

Since last year's show, I had promised myself I would start painting sooner for this year's show (i.e. 2013) But I am who I am, so my painting in earnest didn't happen until a few months prior to the show date. I had nothing at that point. Dry. Nothing in the creative well. In fact, I had many false starts. I was trying to paint landscape, urbanscapes, traditional still lifes etc. But nothing. I think I threw out more half-started canvases than I kept. But as fate would have it, the image of a sumo hit me about 6 weeks prior to the show date. It was time to crank these puppies out. Here are the results:

  
Oil on board, 8x10


Oil on board, 8x10
 

Oil on board, 8x10


 acrylic on canvas, 20x24


 acrylic on canvas, 24x30


 acrylic on canvas, 24x30


 acrylic on canvas, 30x36


 acrylic on canvas, 24x24
(my favourite one of the black and white sumo)

 C'est moi.

2 comments:

Coreopsis said...

Well....what a great collection of paintings--so many different expressions, all lovely! I'd say you did really well.....

Wilfred said...

Thanks, Coreopsis!