Sunday, October 26, 2014

sketchbook

I've been thinking a lot lately about putting in the "mileage". Drawing a lot. Chipping away at the 10,000 hours that Malcolm Gladwell believes any person needs under their belt to achieve pro status. So today I did a mini sketch crawl on my own around the waterfront.


 This actually was drawn yesterday. Another addition to the "Stan the Man" series. Aka. my dad.


Toronto's Union Station, the city's transportation hub that was modelled after New York City's Grand Central Station.


After the station drawing I wandered down to the waterfront to sketch some boats. There's nothing like a stiff, cold wind up the pant leg to quicken up the pen strokes.


The last sketch of the day. Being a voyeur and sketching a metalsmith work on her jewelry at the Harbourfront Centre's open air studio.

No comments: